Sunday, October 3, 2010

Julie Benz Doesn't Age

No Ordinary Family


I liked it! Do I think it is very blog-worthy at this point? Not really. But I still thought it was great for what it was, and I think it has potential. I’m a sucker for super power/super hero/mutant shows or books, so I may be a little biased.

I’ve never seen Julie Benz in a remotely funny role. It will be interesting to see this side of her. I’ve been following her from Buffy to Angel to Dexter. She’s either crazy Darla or sweet, angelic Rita in my eyes. Quippy house-wife with lightening speed? Intrigued.

No Ordinary Family is kind of The Incredibles meets Heroes. It isn’t as good as The Incredibles, thus far, and hopefully it gets better and not worse, unlike Heroes. I like the cast. I feel like the Daphne MIGHT get annoying, but it is of no fault of the actress, just the character herself. I thought it was actually well acted! I mean, it’s meant to be kind of corny. Haha, or I hope it is…I’m pretty sure it is. So, I think the lines were delivered as they should have been.

The special effects were pretty incredible. I was impressed. Erm...that’s about it on that subject.

I liked the twist at the end, with Stephanie’s boss probably being our villain. I am kind of disappointed in the idea that it is a crazy plant that caused all of this, but c’est la vie. I can live with it.

There isn’t a whole lot I can say about this show right now, unfortunately. I thought it was cute. I think it may have potential to be really great. I am, however, not betting money at this point for it being the star of our blog.

Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment