Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm so excited! I'm so...scared.

NOF


I don’t know. I am really starting to lose interest in this show. Well, not losing interest. I mean, I enjoy watching it; I just don’t have anything to offer in terms of discussion.

I thought the plot in this episode was darker, which I liked. The fact that Jim has to learn the hard way to be more inconspicuous is more realistic, which I appreciate. I like the way the show is going about having this family adjust to their powers, especially when it comes to one another. I think the conflict between them is natural and reflective of how any big change would affect a family. The montage at the end, with the pretty song that I need to find out the name of, was really moving and beautifully done. I think I may have watched the ending twice, actually. For some reason, JJ really appeals to me as a character. I feel really bad for him, even though I think he shouldn’t be lying to his parents.

I thought it was kind of ridiculous that the school decided to assume drugs with JJ. Cheating, sure. But I don’t think there are ACTUAL drugs that can make someone go from barely passing to straight As. Most just wind up making you get too excited, like our good friend Jessie Spano, and maybe help you stay up late to study to turn that C into a B. Maybe I am just ignorant when it comes to the world of genius-making drugs. But, you know, this show IS about a family getting super powers, so I should probably stop trying to rationalize this aspect of the episode…

I like Daphne. Officially. I don’t know WHY this episode inspired me to do so, but for whatever reason I find her less annoying and more amusing now.

Eh. Yeah. That’s all I’ve got. I will say that I am intrigued by that one guy who is dead or something. I clearly paid very close attention…

Grade: B

Spacey Theory: Daphne is allergic to peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment