Monday, November 15, 2010

Walking Dead Double Feature!!

My apologies for being gone so long.... That's life - and it won't happen again! The Walking Dead has been on three weeks now and it is fantastic. In this particular blog I will be covering the first two episodes. Let's get started!!


The Walking Dead
Episode 1


First of all, personally, I love anything that has to do with zombies. This show is definitely for me. The first episode of this series had a really classy opening. When he shot the little girl zombie in the head, I knew right away that this show wasn't going to hold anything back.

I really enjoyed that most of the first episode was a flashback, and how it eventually leads up to the present. At times the show is slow going, but never boring. Even during the slower moments, the whole feel of the show is way creepy. The camera work is fantastic. For instance when that car flipped after hitting the spike strip, Or when our hero Sheriff's Deputy Rick Grimes (played by Andrew Lincoln) is in the hospital, and how you see through his eyes how dazed and out of it he is.

The show has the right amount of everything. It is quite scary and really creepy. There is lots of action. Top it off with some brilliant dark humor. The zombies themselves are really well done! SUPER freaky looking.... Especially the one with half it's body missing... Awesome!

I only have a few things to say about the plot of the episode. I am really digging the main character. He is a good actor and I like that he has something to fight for. The fact that he woke up from a coma, and has no idea that any of this has been going down is perfection! When Rick comes across the father and son duo, it started to get really interesting. Morgan and Duane Jones (played by Lennie James and Adrian Kali Turner) are really good characters. Their story on the otherhand, is heart breaking. The whole thing about Morgan's wife is really messed up and sad, but it makes for really good TV though! I really hope to see more of them in future episodes.

Right away I knew it was a bad idea to go into Atlanta..... Big city, lots of zombies! Good thing there was a tank! POOR HORSE! Only thing left is: Who the hell is talking to Rick on the CB?

Grade: A++ (i went there)

The Walking Dead
Episode 2


DUDE! Rick's old partner Sheriff's Deputy Shane Walsh (played by Jon Bernthal) is banging Rick's wife!! Uh Oh!! I know that he thinks his buddy is dead, but still, that is messed up buddy!

This show is so frickin' fantastic! After the forest love fest the show opens up with a bang. That little asain kid is awesome, and helpful! I thought Rick would find a way to the giant wonderful bag of weapons, but alas, no. That sucks.

The whole crew in the mall were great, interesting additions to the cast. I found it weird that the mall people were calling the zombies 'geeks'. I really do not care for The redneck hillbilly dude (i think he was the villan on "Mallrats") But he does add a very intense drama to the whole city surviving situation.

I have never been so grossed out by a TV show in my life! I was eating a sandwich when watching the scene in which they chop up the 'Organ Donor'. I have watched some messed up things in my day, and never been affected. This was the first time I had to stop eating. Thanks Walking Dead!

All of it was pretty intense. The dude dropping the key. Rick and that asain guy Glenn pretending to be zombies, and then rain! The get away was my favorite part. I hope they meet the other survivors soon (Rick's wife, etc). I find myself wondering where Glenn was going. Was he really taking off?

Grade: A

Reducto

No comments:

Post a Comment